What is a Business Process?
Business Process represents a business workflow. New employee onboarding, for example, can be a business process in the Employee Onboarding system.
This procedure will include several Transactions, each of which will have several stages. Serverless360 Business Activity Monitoring gives the ability to define the business process that best represents the user's workflow.
Business Process can be defined as a group of business transactions.
Tracking Name for a Business Process is a name given to the business process to identify it while tracking the relevant data.
The integration solution supported by Business Activity Monitoring is Azure only solution, which typically makes use of Azure Integration Services such as Logic Apps, Service Bus Queues, Event Grid, APIM.
Click here to know more about Business Transactions.
Consider an example of a logistics company ShipAnyWhere, which will have many integrations with the carriers. These interactions can be Booking Request, Booking Confirmation, Shipping Instructions, Milestone Status, etc. All these transactions come together and form a Logistics business process for ShipAnyWhere.
The business process, as depicted in the diagram below, can be precisely modeled in Serverless360.
Business Process Monitoring
Consider a salesperson for a company who needs an alert when the number of failed transactions at a location exceeds a certain threshold, or an alert whenever an exception occurs.
To meet these requirements, a powerful monitoring tool that works from multiple perspectives will be required.
Serverless360 includes an out-of-the-box monitoring solution, Business Process Monitor, for monitoring business processes based on queries and any exceptions.
Users can configure the monitor settings for query and exception alert for each business process by clicking the Monitor Settings button.
Refer here to know more about Business Process Monitoring.
Setting up Business Activity Monitoring environment
- To begin configuring the Business Activity Monitoring environment, go to the Serverless360 Homepage click the Get Started button of Business Activity Monitoring product.
- Select a deployment model from the available options.
Use Serverless360 infrastructure
- Select Use Serverless360 infrastructure deployment model option.
- Provide the SQL Database connection string as well as the Storage Account connection string and click the Validate button to validate the credentials. Once the validation is successful, press the Initiate deployment button. The deployment will be initiated onto the Serverless360 infrastructure.
- The Business Activity Monitoring environment will be set up and resources will be deployed along with a sample Business Process and Business Transaction. The deployment screen offers learning resources for users to learn about the product while the deployment is in progress.
Use your Azure subscription
- Select the Use your Azure subscription deployment model option.
Provide and validate Service Principal information. Click the Next button once the validation is successful.
Fill out the Resource group information, such as its Name and Region. Also, choose the servicing and pricing tiers for the required resources, and click the Initiate deployment button. The deployment will be initiated onto the user's Azure subscription.
The Business Activity Monitoring environment will be set up and resources will be deployed along with a sample Business Process and Business Transaction. The deployment screen offers learning resources for users to learn about the product while the deployment is in progress.