Prerequisites and Installation
For a successful installation of Serverless360, it is important to check whether your server machine meets the following prerequisites:
The following table shows the hardware requirements to install Serverless360.
|Computer and Processor||A computer with an Intel Pentium-compatible CPU that is - 1 GHz or higher for single processors, 900 MHz or higher for double processors, 700 MHz or higher for quad processors|
|Memory||8 GB or higher|
|Hard Disk (Database)||20 GB of available hard disk space for a complete installation including the operating system and all prerequisite software. The hard disk must be NTFS formatted.|
The following table lists the software required for installing and running Serverless360.
|Software Requirement||Supported Version(s)|
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016|
|Microsoft .NET Framework||Minimum requirement of Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 for a smooth functioning of Azure services|
|Internet Information Services (IIS)||IIS 7.0 and above|
|Other Modules||URL Rewrite extension for IIS|
|General||Administrative rights for the user to run MSI from Admin command prompt and ASP.NET Registered. For more information refer Setting up IIS 8.0 with support for ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5 and Manually configure your Web server for ASP.NET 4.0|
|SQL Server||SQL Server 2012 or above (Local or Azure SQL)|
For the MSI installation file and the license code, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
This section explains how to install and configure Serverless360 in a virtual machine (for the version of Windows OS supported, refer the Software requirements section above)
- Open the 'Command Prompt' in your server machine.
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it. Please run the MSI from an Administrator Command Prompt.
- In the Welcome to Serverless360 Setup Wizard, click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Read the End User License Agreement and select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ to accept the license agreement. Click 'Next'.
- In the Custom Setup screen, you can select a valid location to save Serverless360 on your computer. When you do this, also make sure you change the Website and Windows service component information also, as changing one will not automatically change the other. Once ready, click 'Next' for the final installation verification step.
- In the Prerequisite Checks screen, check whether all the prerequisites have been verified and a green tick mark is placed next to every item. If something is wrong, please cancel the setup, correct the errors, and run the setup again. If everything is correct, click 'Next' to proceed to the next step.
- In the Information required for creating Serverless360 Database screen page, specify the SQL Server name and Database name. You have the option to test whether the connection to the database is successful. (As a best practice, leave this section with the default values). You can install Serverless360 with Azure SQL database. In case of using an Azure SQL database or in database where you don’t want to use Windows Authentication, select SQL Server Authentication. Click 'Next' to proceed to the next screen.
- In the IIS Virtual Directory Settings page, select the IIS website where you want to create the virtual directory. Enter the application pool settings such as Name, username, and password. Once you have entered the information, click 'Next' to proceed further. Make sure the user is a part of the local groups.
- Review the information and click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Once the installation is complete (it takes about 1-2 minutes), click 'Finish' to complete the process.
Serverless360 will be installed successfully and the application can be accessed at: http://<yourVMName>/Serverless360.
Just one more step to get started, Choose your Authentication Mode. Serverless360 now supports Basic (Email and password) and Azure AD authentication modes.
If your choice is to quick start with a Basic Authentication mode and sign up with an Email and Phone Number. Activation link will be shared on the Email to set the password and start using the application.
Now configure Serverless360 with your Azure AD details and click 'Save Configuration'. To get the Azure AD Configuration read this article.
- Activate your license using the license certificate received from the Serverless360 sales team and start using Serverless360.
Moving from Trial License to Commercial License
Serverless360 user with Administrator role can upgrade from exisitng trial license to valid Commercial license by following the steps below,
- Deactivate the trial license from the Setting dashboard
- The application would prompt to provide a valid license
- Activate the commercial license
Before you start upgrading Serverless360 to the latest version, we recommend you to
- take a backup of the 'Serverless360' database. This is just a best practice and it will come handy if something goes wrong and you want to roll back to the previous version.
- deactivate the commercial license before proceeding with upgrade
- stop Serverless360 Background Service through Services.msc
For more clarifications on Prerequisites and support while installation, please reach us at email@example.com