Error 1923. Service 'Serverless360 Background Service' could not be installed
- Serverless360 Background Services installation
Symptoms Installing Serverless360 fails with the following error: Error 1923. Service 'Serverless360 Background Service' could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.
Cause : Service Account credentials provided in the Serverless360 installer does not have sufficient privileges to install system services.
- Navigate to Edit Group Policy> Local Computer Policy
- In the console tree, navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment
- In the details pane, double-click Log on as a service
- Click Add User or Group and add the account to the list of accounts that have the Log on as a service right
Please find below screen shot for quick reference. In this case 'ServiceBus360' is the Service Account Username with which the installation is carried out.
Also ensure the Service Account is added in the Local Administrator Group, which can be verified as below
- Navigate to Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Groups
- In the details pane, double-click on Administrators
- The Service Account should be one of the members of Administrators group , if not found Add Please find below the screen shot for reference