The Azure resources must first be associated with the Business Application before they can be managed and monitored.
Even after the Business Application has been created, users can associate resources by editing the relevant Business Application.
A user can navigate into a Business Application using the following ways:
Clicking on the Business Application Name in the Explorer View, namely Applications and Groups.
Clicking on the Business Application Name in the Card view or List view.
Resource Friendly Name
Customers can now provide a friendly name for the resources that is exclusively shown in the Serverless360 application for user convenience.
This name will appear in all of Serverless360's major features like Monitoring, Service Maps, Dashboards, and Automated Tasks.
- A friendly name can be provided by clicking on the Friendly Name icon next to them in the respective resources section or in the All Resources section.
- When a resource that has been updated with a friendly name is hovered over, a tooltip containing the information of the original resource name and the friendly name is displayed.
- To avoid misunderstandings, the resource-friendly name should be unique at the level of the Business Application.
The friendly name of an Azure resource will not be reflected in the Resource selection section when creating a new Business Application.
A user with the Reader role cannot change the friendly name of a resource.
Azure resources are classified as Resources (Management & Monitoring) and All Resources during the resource association process. Feature-rich premium resource types that support both management and monitoring operations are listed under Resources (Management & Monitoring), while the recently added resource types, of which few support monitoring operations, are listed under All Resources.
Users can associate as many resources as they want with any Business Application at any time by selecting Resources option under Add dropdown from the Resources section. The resources can be added by selecting them from the available Service Principals or by creating a new Service Principal.
During the resource association flow, click on the required resource type under the appropriate resource category in the Resource selection section to associate an Azure resource.
The performance of the Resource selection section is improved by displaying only the resources from the user-clicked resource types.
Click the View all hyperlink in the Associate resources section of the Overview page to go to the Resources section of the relevant Business Application.
The licensing count is increased by one when a resource is added to a Business Application.
It is much easier to remove resources from a Business Application than it is to add them.
Simply select the resources to be removed from the Resources section of the relevant Business Application and click the Remove resources option.
- Removing a resource from a Business Application decreases the licensing count by one. It is to be noted that the corresponding resource has to be removed from all the Business Applications for the license count to be decreased,
The resources will be removed only from the selected Business Application. The removed resources can be added to the Business Application at any point in time.
Managing Azure Tags
Tags are name/value pairs that enable users to categorize resources and view the consolidated billing by applying the same tag to multiple resources and resource groups. Business Application provides an option to assign tags to the associated resources.
- To enable tag association, select the resource that needs to be tagged from the Resources section of the relevant Business Application and click on the Tags option.
- In Azure tags blade, provide the tag name that is case-insensitive and tag value that is case-sensitive.
- To add more tags, click on Add tag option.
- Click on save to assign the tags to the respective resources.
- The assigned tags can be viewed in the Azure tags blade after a manual or an auto-refresh.
Tags can be assigned only to the resources specified in this documentation.