Serverless360 now supports Business Activity Monitoring and Tracking in Private Hosted version. To configure Business Processes with Serverless360, the following Azure resources must be deployed in your Azure Subscription.
- ServiceBus Namespace with a Queue
- Azure Function App
- Storage Account
- Logic App Custom Connector
This deployment can be done from the Serverless360 Portal. The Administrator or a Super user of Serverless360 account can do this deployment. The credentials required for performing this Deployment are
- Subscription Id : Id of the Azure subscription where the BAM resources need to be deployed
- Active Directory (Tenant) Id: Id of the Azure Active Directory in which the Service Principal is created
- Client Id: Id of the Service Principal application
- Client Secret: Valid secret of Service Principal application
Service Principal requirements
The Service Principal must have Contributor access on the Subscription where the resources must be deployed, when a new Resource Group should be created for the deployed resources. If the deployment is in an existing Resource Group, then contributor access on that Resource Group is enough.
The resources once deployed cannot be updated. It can only be deleted and redeployed again.
Azure SQL Database Requirements
An Azure SQL database must be associated while deploying the BAM resources. This Azure SQL database will be used for storing the tracked data. This SQL database will be accessed by the Serverless360's backend API's for displaying the tracked data in the Serverless360 Portal.
Since this database will also be accessed by the Azure Function to log the tracked data, the IP of the Azure function must be added to the allowed IP's of the Azure SQL Server. As a best practice, enabling Allow Azure services and resources to access this server is recommeded for proper functioning of Serverless360 BAM.
This can be found in the Firewall settings of the Azure SQL Server.
Deploy BAM Resources
- To deploy the BAM related Azure resources navigate into Business Process section.
- Click on the Deploy BAM resources
- Enter the Service Principal Credentials
- Enter the Azure SQL Database Connection string
- Change the name of the resources if required
- Click on the Deploy button to proceed
View Deployed BAM Resources
You can also view the deployed BAM resources by clicking on the BAM Stoarge Details.
Update BAM database
The configured Azure SQL database for BAM can be updated from the Serverless360 portal by clicking on the 'Change BAM Database' button in the BAM Deployments blade.
All your current tracking data cannot be accessed once the associated database for Tracking BAM data is changed.
Delete BAM Resources
You can delete the deployed BAM resources by clicking on the delete button. It is also to delete the entire Resource Group where the BAM resources are deployed.
Upgrade BAM Function Apps
When you upgrade the installed Serverless360 application to next version, there might be some changes in the Azure function apps deployed to perform End to End tracking. In this case, you can upgrade the Azure function by clicking the Upgrade BAM Function Apps button.
Stop both the BAM function apps in the deployed Resource Group before upgrading the function apps
Patch BAM database
To ensure the tracking of BAM data, the data (Business process Name, Transaction Name, etc.,) related to the business processes will be stored in the SQL database configured. In some scenarios, the business processes modified may not be reflected in the BAM database. In such cases you can click on the Patch BAM database button. This will update the BAM database with the latest Business process configurations.
Deploy Serverless360 - Tracking Connector in different regions
Serverless360-Tracking connector can be used only for Logic Apps within the same region where the connector is deployed. To use it in a logic app in another Azure region, Serverless360-Tracking connector can be deployed in that region using the following steps:
- Download the swagger file of the Serverless360-Tracking connector from the Azure Portal
- Create an empty connector in the required Azure region
- Upload the downloaded swagger file