Today, most business processes happen in real time environments. But the search feature that we had is only useful when you know exactly what you are looking for and the search results will only be shown as individual transactions.
But most of the business users would require an aggregate of information, like how exactly is business process X doing? Is there any anomaly in the number of transactions? etc. These information can only be obtained based on data trends. Any data trends needs to be plotted as a chart to be better understanding.
For example, let’s take a Supply Chain industry to consider the business process of Order Processing.
What are all the possible analytics information that you might need? Just to mention a few:
- Overall transactions of the business process for the past x no. of days
- Top vendors of that business process
- Success/failure rate of that business process
Each dashboard can contain a number of custom widgets those you can configure using a search query. Each dashboard can have its own set of widgets based on the configuration.
- Time Series – A basic time series chart with time on the X-axis and transaction count on the Y-axis
- Multi-Time Series – A multi-time series is similar to time series, but you can also add a Group By for any global property
- Top Chart – For any of the tracked properties you will be able to find the most popular values using this report type
- Count – This is just a count only report for the provided data
Dashboard for BAM will be automatically created when a Business process will be newly associated into the BAM section. This Auto-Generated Dashboard will give insights on Number of failed Transactions, Successful transaction and more. User can also customize this dashboard as per the requirement.
Overall transactions of the business process for the past x no. of days.
Each widget configuration has three main configuration settings. Name of the widget, Report Type and query.
The widget configuration query works the same way as in the Tracking search page.
Customers can also choose the type of chart for the widgets depending on the purpose.
Top vendors of the business process
Let’s assume we have a global property called SenderId. This property captures different vendor names in the business process. Now if you want to get the top vendors, you can configure something like below in our widget configuration.
Success/failure rates of the business process
Measure the success and failure rates for business process using a query like below.
Transactions grouped by Transaction name
Consider If the need is to have a widget that should show the number of transactions grouped by Name of the trasaction, Top chart with Group by option can be used. User can set the Group by as Transaction as below:
Accessing the BAM Analytics dashboards required the following,
- Valid License with Business process plugin purchased, to view and edit dashboards.
- Logged in user mapped to a role with access to the composite application.