Function Apps Management
- Updated on 21 Mar 2019
- 2 minutes to read
Once an Azure Function App is associated to Serverless360 Composite Application, below are the various actions that can be achieved. This reduces switching to the Azure portal.
1. Start/ Stop/ Restart the Azure Function: Azure Function can be started or stopped from Serverless360 itself. It is also possible to restart the Azure Function app
2. Delete from the Azure Portal: If the Azure Function App is found not required it is possible to delete the Function App from Serverless360 itself. The Function App can be removed from the Azure portal without you even logging in to the portal
3. View Properties: The Properties option in the Function App operation list can facilitate viewing the Azure Function App properties as below
4. View Function Properties: Every Azure Function App might contain any number of Functions and it is possible in Serverless360 to view their properties that would include the Binding details
5. Access Invocation Logs: A significant capability that Serverless360 offers with respect to Azure Function App management is access to the Invocation Logs of the Functions. One shall get a quick summary of the Function invocations based on the success or failure of the invocation. It is also possible to filter the invocation logs by date to view the invocations on a specific day. If the requirement is to get those invocations those have duration more than a specific value, it is possible to filter the logs based on operators like greater than, greater than or equal to on duration.
6. Access Invocation Details: Serverelss360 also facilitates viewing the invocation details of every invocation log. In case of the invocation being successful, the invocation detail would contain information on the trigger reason, invocation request details and the output details as below
In case of a failed invocation, the invocation details will have information on the exception type, error details and log output with complete error output for further investigation as below
Monitoring Azure Function for failure is possible using Serverless360 Watch Monitor and for expected state using Status and Threshold monitors. Check the documentation on Monitoring Azure Functions for more details
7. Audit: - Operations like Start/ Stop or Delete that changes the state of the associated Function App are tracked under Governance and Audit section.